Stage 1: Pre-Solicitation:
- Initial steps:
- Determine whether UT has an existing agreement that covers the goods or services. UTSA strongly recommends that you use the existing agreements.
- Determine whether the good or service is available on a cooperative, state contract, Tennessee Board of Regents, GSA, or other similar agreements. Please remember the following:
- We may only use agreements that were bid by a government agency through a public, competitive bid process; or agreements that were bid by a private company that followed a public, competitive bid process (e.g. Vizient or Premier).
- UT can never exceed the term (time period) of the cooperative contract. So, if a cooperative agreements expires (with no renewals) on January 31, 2025, UT cannot issue a PO under the cooperative beyond January 31, 2025.
- You must obtain all applicable documents to create the PO file.
Stage 2: Solicitation Preparation:
- Solicitation Evaluation Attestation Form: Use with every bid, regardless of bid type (RFQ, RFP, and RFQ-S).
Stage 3: Solicitation Process:
Stage 4: Award Process:
Stage 5: PO or Contract Process:
Stage 6: Documentation:
- Follow the Digital File guidelines to ensure that you properly create digital files.
Stage 7: PO or Contract Management, and Supplier Relationship Management:
Other Procurement Processes:
Open File Period
Public Records Requests