Supplier Diversity Program
Providing Information, Resources, and Opportunity
The Office of Procurement Services provides outreach to small and diverse businesses through its supplier diversity program. We seek to provide relevant information and resources to assist diverse suppliers in their pursuit of business opportunities with the university.
UT Supplier Orientation
UT Supplier Orientation provides an overview of doing business with the university. In this workshop, we discuss UT purchasing policies and procedures, payment methods, and tips for doing business with UT. We invite potential new suppliers and current suppliers to attend. The class is offered monthly and lasts approximately an hour and fifteen minutes. Due to COVID-19, all sessions will be conducted virtually. We look forward to offering in-person options post-pandemic.
Please click on a date to register:
- Tuesday, November 10, 2:00 PM Eastern/1:00 PM Central (ONLINE)
- Wednesday, December 9, 10:00 AM Eastern/9:00 AM Central (ONLINE)
- Thursday, January 21, 3:00 PM Eastern/2:00 PM Central (ONLINE)
UT Supplier Online Lunch & Learn Workshop Series
Our online lunch & learn workshop series provides an opportunity to learn about a variety of procurement-related topics in a short, thirty-minute format. Click on a scheduled topic to view the workshop description and to register. Sessions take place at 12:00 PM eastern/11:00 AM central time unless otherwise noted.
- November 3, 2020, 2:00 Eastern/1:00 Central *Promoting a Business, Brand, or Organization with Social Media
- November 12, 2020, 12:00 Eastern/11:00 Central How to Register as a Bidder with UT and Update Your ESM Profile
*Student presentation. Procurement Services is privileged to work with knowledgeable, dedicated university students. You will be glad you attended this workshop on social media provided by our current intern student!
Winter schedule will be posted soon. Please check back for new and repeating topics.
Click here to sign up for quarterly announcements of upcoming trade shows, diversity business events, and workshops.
Helpful Resources and Links for Suppliers
- How to Edit ESM Email Notifications and Other ESM Settings
- UT Capital Projects Facilities Planning Division
- UT Risk Management, Insurance and Bonding Guidelines
- UTSA Supplier Diversity Program PDF
- Campus Procurement Websites
State of Tennessee Diversity Certification
We encourage eligible suppliers to certify as a diversity business with the State of Tennessee Governor’s Office of Diversity Business Enterprise (GoDBE). The state lists certified vendors in its diversity business directory, allowing the university and other government agencies to identify diverse suppliers easily.
For more information, visit The State of Tennessee Diversity Business Enterprise Program.
Resources for University Employees
Search for Diversity Businesses
University departments seeking to utilize diverse suppliers may search the Tennessee Diversity Business Directory, maintained by the Tennessee Governor’s Office of Diversity Business Enterprise (GoDBE). The directory is updated daily and offers multiple search options. Employees may also search IRIS vendor records to view active university vendors with Tennessee diversity certification.
Employee Workshop – How UT Employees Can Support Small Business
Employees in the Knoxville area are invited to participate in this one-hour, interactive workshop that discusses how we can support local, small business while following UT procurement policy.
- Register for workshop in K@TE. Log in and enter “small” in the search box.
- Handout for How UT Employees Can Support Small Business workshop