Supplier Diversity Program
Providing Information, Resources, and Opportunity
The Office of Procurement Services provides outreach to small and diverse businesses through its supplier diversity program. We seek to provide relevant information and resources to assist diverse suppliers in their pursuit of business opportunities with the university.
Sign up for monthly announcements of upcoming trade shows, diversity business events, and workshops.
UT Supplier Orientation Workshop
UT Supplier Orientation provides an overview of doing business with the university. In this workshop, we discuss UT purchasing policies and procedures, payment methods, and tips for doing business with UT. We invite potential new suppliers and current suppliers to attend. The class is offered monthly and lasts approximately an hour and fifteen minutes. Due to COVID-19, all sessions will be conducted virtually. We look forward to offering in-person options post-pandemic.
Please click on a date to register:
- Thursday, April 22, 2:00 PM Eastern/1:00 PM Central (ONLINE)
- Wednesday, May 19, 11:00 AM Eastern/10:00 AM Central (ONLINE)
More Supplier Workshops
How to Register as a Bidder with UT and Manage ESM Email Notifications
- Thursday, April 22, 1:30-2:00 Eastern/12:30-1:00 Central (ONLINE)
- Wednesday, May 12, 11:00-11:30 Eastern/10:00-10:30 Central (ONLINE)
Promoting Your Business, Brand, or Organization Through Social Media, presented by Mr. Sam Cowell
Helpful Resources and Links for Suppliers
- How to Edit ESM Email Notifications and Other ESM Settings
- UT Capital Projects Facilities Planning Division
- UT Risk Management, Insurance and Bonding Guidelines
- UTSA Supplier Diversity Program PDF
- Campus Procurement Websites
State of Tennessee Diversity Certification
We encourage eligible suppliers to certify as a diversity business with the State of Tennessee Governor’s Office of Diversity Business Enterprise (GoDBE). The state lists certified vendors in its diversity business directory, allowing the university and other government agencies to identify diverse suppliers easily.
For more information, visit The State of Tennessee Diversity Business Enterprise Program.
Resources for University Employees
Search for Diversity Businesses
University departments seeking to utilize diverse suppliers may search the Tennessee Diversity Business Directory, maintained by the Tennessee Governor’s Office of Diversity Business Enterprise (GoDBE). The directory is updated daily and offers multiple search options.
Employee Workshop – Diversity in UT Procurement
Employees are invited to participate in this ninety-minute interactive workshop to learn how supplier diversity is a part of UT procurement policy and to explore how we can work together to support small and diversity-owned businesses.
- 2020 Annual Report, Tennessee Governor’s Office of Diversity Business Enterprise
- 2019 Annual Report, Tennessee Governor’s Office of Diversity Business Enterprise
- 2018 Annual Report, Tennessee Governor’s Office of Diversity Business Enterprise
- U.S. Small Business Administration Small Business Profiles